Monday, December 15, 2008

Outside my window...It's another rainy Monday. We've been having an unusual string of those lately. After the drought of last year, I'm sure that these winter rains are good for filling up streams and soaking the ground.
I am thinking...of all that I want to accomplish today.
I am thankful for...the busy, but rewarding weekend we had.
From the learning rooms...my mother in law patiently taught me last night how to do a crochet project that uses two strands of yarn at one time and a half double crochet stitch.
From the kitchen...will bake chicken pieces with a bisquick crust.
I am wearing...a pink sweater, black jeans, and Tennis shoes -
I am creating...I hope to finish sewing some curtains if I can get some free time tonight.
I am going...I've already been out and hope to be in for the rest of the day; might do something with friends this evening
I am reading...Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder. (Yes, I know it's a child's book, but I"m enjoying it."
I am hearing...the hum of my heater.
Around the house...I finished cleaning out a drawer in my kitchen.
One of my favorite things...pretty colors
A few plans for the rest of the week: Christmas shopping, a trip to see grown children
Here is picture thought I am sharing...


My mother in law teaching me how to crochet. She is a very accomplished home keeper and never sits down without a bit of work in her hands.

enjoy!
elizabeth

1 comment:

Sleepy Cat Hollow said...

Thank you for stopping by.

Oy! I wish I knew how to crochet...I have a hard enough time just making a scarf. :)