Monday, December 01, 2008


I'm very late in accepting this lovely award from Julieann. Don't you just love the artwork? I'm crazy about butterflies -- even more so since I always saw so many of them around my father's assisted living center this summer. He lives in a beautiful place, but it is a place where many -- including him -- are feeling the frailties of age. So, I was always thankful to God for those welcoming bits of bright life and beauty as I was walking toward the front door. It was a reminder to me of his blessings.

Well, I've gotten off track. Those of you who read my blog know that I think Julieann has a cool blog. So, I am honored that she passed this along to me. Now comes the hard part: narrowing down to ten blogs from among the many, many wonderful blogs on the web.

Here's my attempt:

Very Calm does not list blog awards, but her blog is certainly beautiful and inspiring. It is just as its name implies: very soothing and calm.

Now, on to the other nine. Note: If any of you don't list blog awards, either -- that's okay. Just know that your blog is enjoyed:

TopazTook

Collecting Happiness

Life, Love, Laundry

Like Merchant Ships

Money-Saving Mom: Teaching You How to Be a Better Home Economist


Zombie Mommy Saves

Little Jenny Wren

Hadias

Vintage Knitting

The rules are -- if you would like to participate -- that you link back to the person who gave this to you and then pass the award along to 10 really cool blogs!

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Thank you, Elizabeth. How sweet!

The Proverbs Wife said...

Thank you very much Elizabeth. It's been such a very long time since I've heard from you. I didn't know that you still read my blog. I greatly appreciate your award recognition. I hope that you had a very wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.

Jenny said...

Hi Elizabeth, thanks so much for the award.
Jenny

Zombiemommy said...

Wow thank you for the award. I think I shall do the same and do a top ten!

faerieeva said...

Oh wow! My very first award! Thank you so much! I am happy you like my blog and will strive to make it even more enjoyable