Thursday, December 04, 2008

Getting the Jump on Feminine Friday.

I found this over at Songs I Sing. Slap some pearls on, and this is how I'd love to dress once in a while -- if I had the courage. Seriously.

Actually, my father has quite a few photos of my late mother, who dressed a lot like this before I was born and even somewhat after. She and her friends really did look like June Cleaver when I was a tot.

However, it's never wise to imitate the past, but to do what we can in our era to look neat, pretty, modest, and feminine. I'd love some comments on my blog about how you think we can apply timeless principles of style to today's fashions.



Enjoy!
elizabeth

4 comments:

An Help Meet said...

Take away, never add. I believe that was one Coco Chanel went by with her fashion. I suppose it was along the lines of keeping it simple, and less is more.

Zombiemommy said...

Lipstick is the quickest fix to feel pretty.

Mimi said...

Hi An Help Meet

Good point. I heard that Marilyn Monroe gave away a set of magnificent diamond earrings that were given to her because she thought that wearing them detracted from the beauty of her face. Don't know if that's true or not.

hi Zombiemommy -- Love lipstick!

Buffy said...

I think the key is to be prepared to make the effort. These days everyone dresses casually because it's the easiest thing to do.