Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update on bathroom redo...

I've taken down the light house Wallies that I was using in the bathroom. I enjoyed them for many years, and they still looked nice. However, I would like to move in a different direction. I don't know if any of you have tried Wallies, but I think they are an inexpensive and easy way to add a little decorative touch to your walls without doing full wallpaper. They come off easily when you are ready to change decor styles.

I am going to take photos tomorrow to post to get opinions about whether I should keep or return the white eyelet shower curtain. I already have a soft-blue shower curtain, which I've used for many years. I washed it to see if I could freshen it up. I placed the eyelet over it in the hope that the blue would show through the eyelet, but the blue is so soft and subtle that I'm not sure it works. Anyhow, I am thinking white might be fresh and in keeping with a spa feel. Of course, Topaztook had a point about using white floor mats in the bathroom. They can start looking dingier earlier than colored ones can. That might apply to a shower curtain, as well.

DH suggested before I could even ask him that we could pain the bathroom. I'd like to do a cheery blue.

I have some old-fashioned soap advertisements that I brought back from France. I'm using them in a bedroom right now, but am thinking of moving them into the bathroom instead.

My father-in-law, who is an excellent artist, had given each of his four children a set of three small paintings of a lighthouse that is located where we all spent a summer vacation together once. I have been using them in the bathroom, but will move them down to our entry hall, where we have a collection of his paintings.

So far, I haven't spent very much on the bathroom at all.

I hope I'm not boring anyone with details of my efforts to create a spa-feeling on a budget. It's just a fun project for me. I want to have it done by Thanksgiving so that my children -- especially my daughter and my daughter-in-law -- can enjoy it.

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

No comments: