Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The traveler returns...

Also titled "I have always relied on the kindness of neighbors"...

Our cat was missing for many days now --so long that we were actually thinking of putting up her food dishes so we wouldn't miss her every time we saw them. She was out during our last spell of several rainy days in a row, and I hated to think of her getting soaked. She does not enjoy rain at all!

I am guessing one reason she did not come home is that is afraid of two larger cats who seem to think our yard is their territory. Also, she seems very healthy, so I imagine someone thought she was a stray and has been feeding her.

When I was out walking yesterday, I met a neighbor I had not met before. She's lived in our neighborhood for almost four years, so it was nice to make her acquaintance. I mentioned in passing that our cat was missing, and she thought she had seen her. I told her where I lived, and she volunteered to bring our cat back to us if she showed up near her house again.

Well, this afternoon, I was on the phone with a friend, and I saw a blue van in my driveway. This kind neighbor had placed her little toddler boy (a wonderfully handsome little fellow!) into his car seat, had scooped up my cat, and had quickly driven to our house. I appreciate her thoughtfulness in bringing our little Ninette back to us. I know that it probably wasn't easy for her to interrupt her day with a toddler to bring a strange cat home to someone she just met. I'm so thankful for nice neighbors!

Ninette is craving lots of attention, but she's being very mum about her big adventure. I'm just delighted to have her home again.

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Buffy said...

I'm so glad you got your cat back. It's awful when you don't know where they are. What a true "neighbour" you have there!