Wednesday, September 17, 2008


Two Thoughts for the Keeper at Home:

If monotony tries me, and I cannot stand drudgery; if stupid people fret me and the little ruffles set me on edge; if I make much of the trifles of life, then I know nothing of Calvary love. Amy Carmichael


“If a sudden jar can cause me to speak an impatient, unloving word, than I know nothing of Calvary love, for a cup brimful of sweet water cannot spill even one drop of bitter water however suddenly jolted.”Amy Carmichael

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

3 comments:

The Editrix said...

Wow, what beautiful quotes - they're also challenging!

Sheila said...

Oh how true! How exposing! Makes me cry, "Change me Lord!"

Mimi said...

Hi Editrix and a woman found!
These are challenging quotes; aren't they?

I love what she says at the end of the poem this quote came from: Lord, teach me what I do not know.