Tuesday, September 09, 2008


Happy Happy Joy Joy Thanks Thanks...

We had a wonderful time at our son's wedding. Here's a photo of DS and his bride with their new wedding rings on. A lot of friends and family attended, and it was great to feel them surrounded by love as they started their new life together.

Budget Wedding tip: My new dear daughter-in-law planned a lot of her own wedding. Here's an idea that she came up with that I thought was clever. She and dear son had picked a historic house in a small southern town for their marriage venue. On one of the tables, she had placed a large bowl with some black mollie fish in them. The fish were striking and fit in with the black and white theme. Yet, they were an inexpensive touch. DS and DD-i-L are keeping the pets as fish, and someone is taking care of them until they get back from their honeymoon.

Budget Rehearsal Dinner Tip: I decorated the rehearsal dinner tables with photographs of my son and his bride to be. I found a lot of black frames on sale or at the dollar store, and I made the prints myself at the picture kiosk in Wal-Mart. I gave most of the frames and prints to family members who would treasure them. For inexpensive favors, I found favor boxes at Michael's and filled them with candy. I alternated these with candles in glass jars that I had picked up for $1.00 each, and a dear friend donated some beautiful handmade soaps which were tied with fresh herbs as a third favor.

Now, I'm going back to the Dollar Store and other places to collect more black frames and make black and white prints of our family weddings to place on a table with an arrangement and a lamp. The Dollar Store has frames in other colors as well. I'm using black to tie in with a theme.
Enjoy!
Elizabeth

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Congratulations on your son's wedding! What a happy event. I've seen fish being used as a table centerpiece before - it was the talk of the event! What a great idea for your daughter-in-law to have. And now they have pets!