Monday, January 05, 2009


Outside My Window...It's overcast. It's strange how many cloudy, overcast, or rainy Mondays we've had in the past few months. Spring is coming, though. Buds are forming on the tree outside my window.
I am thinking...I have a lot to do today.
I am thankful for...finding a pink throw with little puffed chenille sized hearts on it to brighten a bedroom.
From the learning rooms...God is teaching me a lot -- and at least one lesson recently has been painful, but rewarding.
From the kitchen...I want to try out one recipe that is totally new to me this week. I'm thinking it might be a salami salad or a black-eyed pea salad.
I am wearing...still in my p.j. bottoms and a turtleneck sweater. I will change into something more appropriate soon. It's funny, but I had a dream last night about wearing a certain dress, so maybe I'll put that on.
On a side note, I had fun yesterday evening wearing black rainboots with white polka dots on them with my outfit as I took a walk in the mist with dh.
I am creating...I hope to get started on my apron project. I'm also working on my first crochet project. It is a dish strainer, and it will serve its purpose. But, I need some practice in keeping the rows the same size.
I am going...on a retreat this weekend with dear hubby and dear friends.
I am reading...several books.
I am hoping...to plant blackberry bushes soon.
I am hearing...just a few bird songs. I love quiet mornings. A man's voice randomly issued from my computer, though, and said, "Such and such an update is finished." I'll have to ask dh, the computer expert, if it was supposed to add the update and say so by computerized voice.
Around the house...I am concentrating on my entry way and kitchen and am putting up new curtains in my office to see if they will work.
One of my favorite things...is buds on a flowering tree!!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: get a lot done before leaving for the retreat I mentioned above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elisabeth,

I always enjoy your writings and this post was no exception, except that it left me with lots of questions. :-) I wonder what you are reading, for example, and thought maybe you might consider adding your books to GoodReads, perhaps. The link is on my blog's sidebar. I would so enjoy perusing your book reviews!

Thank you again for your lovely blog and sharing a glimpse into your heart.

Blessings!

Caryn