Friday, July 25, 2008


Item that makes me feel feminine: Using my mother's kidney-shaped dressing table. She had sewn a lovely cover for it, but it was damaged somewhere along the way. When I rescued it from my father's attic, I sewed a new cover out of a yellow sheet and some yellow gingham, and I trimmed it with white lace ribbon. Of course, my sewing skills are very basic, and I wasn't able to re-create the professional look of my mother's cover. But, still, it was fun to re-do it. If I ever re-do my bedroom, I will re-cover the table with other colors.

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love things that make your home look feminine!

Julieann said...

I adore yellow gingham--I bet it looks lovely!

Julieann

Anonymous said...

My step father in law gave me a dresser that was his dads. It has that victoian look.

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

That sounds so beautiful, Elizabeth! In fact - my mom's make-up table is the same shape. :o) Grace loves sitting at it whenever we're at her house...and attemping blush and lipgloss, but that's another matter, LOL.

Mimi said...

Hi All

Glad you enjoyed the story about the dressing table. Barbara Lee and Kelly, your tables sound beautiful, too.