Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I needed to shop for and prepare a meal for DH and for a couple with a new baby in a fairly short amount of time. Here's what I came up with:

2 chicken and rice casseroles from Stouffer. (It was the first time I had used these. They were very tasty, yet not too spicy for a nursing mother. We have plenty of leftovers, and I'm sure the young couple does, too. If I'd had more time, I'd have made my own chicken, but this worked out well for today.)
Couz-couz cooked with water and a little orange juice, with chopped apple, chopped celery, almonds, raisins, and enough extra o.j. to moisten it and keep the apples fresh stirred in. (I prepared a whole box and split it between the two of us. Again, we had leftovers, and I'm sure they did, too. )
Squash/zucchinni pan stir fried and steamed in pan -- DH loves squash of any kind
blackberry pie with store bought crusts, frozen blackberries (best to thaw first), Bisquick, and sugar.

DH really enjoyed the meal, as these are many of his favorites all combined in one meal. He was so delighted with it, it made me re-evaluate what I've been cooking lately!

The brand new baby was so sweet. I had a moment of baby fever. Does that ever go away?

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

Your menu sounds great, Elizabeth! I love couscous and anything blackberry...yummy!

P.S. Baby fever never goes away...I'll eternally have it. :o)