Thursday, November 08, 2007


Product of the Week...

I'm not one to review specific products on my blog. I think I've mentioned only one other product by name. But, not too long ago, while I was in my local Wal-Mart, I happened across Village Naturals products. http://thevillagecompany.com/vntherapy.html

I was attracted by the mineral bath soak designed to help people with allergy and congestion. I'm somewhat skeptical of claims that the minute amounts of herbs in commercial products really have any health benefits. However, the price was so inexpensive, and I enjoy bath salts anyway. So, I decided it was worth a try.

I don't know if it does any long term good for my allergy and congestion, but, let me tell you, it sure does feel good to soak in the bath and to breathe in the fumes. Also, some ingredients in some mineral salt baths inflame my allergies, but this did nothing but soothe them. After a soak in these salts, I found that I could fall quickly into a deep sleep -- something that allergy congestion makes it hard to do.

As I currently have a cold, I'm planning a long soak tonight.

The mineral salts for allergies have ginger, which is supposed to be anti-inflammatory and helps eliminate sinus congestion; lemon, which energizes you; and aloe, which helps cleanse and soothe irritated skin.

Of course, the most inexpensive bath salts are simply a box of Epsom salts. And a warm soak in sea salts or Espsom salts is comforting in itself. But, the Village Therapy mineral bath soak does seem to feel even better when your sinuses are acting up.

I also brought home their lotion designed for muscle aches and pains. But, I haven't used it enough to report about it one way or the other.

They have a formulation for colds, but I haven't tried that one yet.

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

No comments: