Monday, March 09, 2009

*~The Simple Woman~*: JOIN The Simple Woman's Daybook~: "Outside My Window...It's spring! The Bradford pears have burst into bloom, the daffodils are up everywhere, the tulips are emerging, and we're having temps in the 70's. Of course, we have some blackberry winters to go through, yet. But, my heart is singing with spring!
I am thinking...of the verse in Song of Songs: Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves
is heard in our land
I am thankful for...feeling better after a time of a virus and asthma!
From the learning rooms...We are continuing our study of the Sermon on the Mount at church. I am being challenged in heart, but it's an exciting journey.
From the kitchen...I made some Sally Lunn bread the other night. Instead of using my bread maker, I did it from scratch. I enjoy kneading dough and letting it rise. Most of the time, however, I do find it to be more convenient to use that trusty old bread maker. When it comes to homemade bread, my cherished husband's waistlines and mine are in peril, though.
I am wearing...black skirt, pink top, black short-sleeved sweater, bare legs
I am creating...all sorts of little things, hopefully peace from the chaos my house has developed during my illness.
I am reading...This is Not Your Mother's Menopause -- my review of it is here:
I am hoping...the rose bush I ordered will ship to me, to get a lot done this week; to add some feminine touches through sound, smell, sight, hearing, and touch; to make my cherished husband feel loved by the cleanliness and functionality of our home; to learn all I can about thrift and frugality
I am hearing...the hum of my fan
Around the house...lots of interesting and creative things to do!
One of my favorite things...my children and children-in-law -- Do I say that every week?
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Have company, do some much needed errands, plant spinach, which I had hoped would already be in the ground, plant a few gladiola bulbs.

No comments: