Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Father of the Bride House

Have you read the February/March issue of HGTV Magazine?  A friend was kind enough to send an issue over for me to peruse while I had a bought with a cold.  I was delighted to read an article about a young couple who live in the house in which the Father of the Bride and its sequel were filmed.  I'm a sucker for white siding and climbing roses, as well as for the two movies (and the originals with Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor). 

The house is located in Pasadena, CA.   They told their realtor that they were looking for a house like the one in the movie and were surprised to find that they were able to buy the actual one.   Read the article to learn about the upsides and downsides to living in such a famous dwelling.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Molly said...

I've always loved that house...but then, who doesn't??

Mimi said...

So true!