Friday, February 05, 2010


Dreaming of spring...

With a few flowers in my garden, half a dozen pictures
and some books, I live without envy.
- Lope de Vega


I was able to get in some pruning before it started raining yesterday afternoon. Being out and puttering in my yard has me dreaming of spring and summer, though I am still enjoying the beauties that winter has to offer, as well.

This year, we are converting a small veggie plot to a flower bed. I'm picturing so many fresh flowers to pick for the house, as well as to share with others. Of course, I'm not the world's greatest gardener, so my dream may exceed the future reality. But, this is a nice time of year to ponder and plan for the garden.

How about you? What are your garden dreams for this year? Of course, if you live in the Southern hemisphere, you may be still living your garden dream for the year. Share some links with us to your garden. Some of us who are in winter would love to visit a warm, flowering place right now -- even if it's only vicariously!

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

2 comments:

TopazTook said...

I'm currently reading "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" and am in the tomato chapter...so I'm dreaming about planting tomatoes this summer!

And it is definitely still winter here -- warmed up today to be in the 20s Fahrenheit (we've spent much too much time lately below zero) -- and it snowed all day.

Mimi said...

Umm -- vine-ripened summer tomatoes. I can taste them now.