Thursday, February 26, 2009



Here's a photo of a hybrid musk rose. I have a rose with a very similar bloom. I haven't quite identified the rose yet, so will keep looking.

For some reason, I'm on a flower and poem kick. We had a nice warm day here, but I was inside with a cold and actually fell asleep swaddled in blankets and in front of the fire. I prefer a real fireplace to our gas logs. However, at times like this, it surely is nice to be able to flip on a switch and have an instant flame.

Do you keep books of pretty poems and lovely quotes, as I do? If you do, I'd love for you to share with me some of your favorites.

Here's a little poem of musk roses and spring:

A Violet Bank

I know a bank whereon the wild thyme blows

Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows;

Quite over-canopied with lush woodbine,

With sweet musk roses and eglantine.

William Shakespeare


Enjoy!
Elizabeth

No comments: