Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Health: Reducing Inflammation in the Body

As you know, one of my projects this summer is to work on my husband's and my health. We both see a need to work on this. So far, my studies are leading me to conclude that inflammation in the body is a big key to many of our health issues. (Keep in mind I'm no medical doctor). It seems that every health article Ive been reading leads back to this issue of inflammation in the body. It seems that it affects allergies, heart disease, gum disease, allergies, digestive troubles, psoriasis, Alzheimer's, immune disorders, fatigue, weight, and even wrinkles! I'm not sure if it's a cause or an effect or an agent that makes a preexisting condition worse.

By the way, if you want one quick tip to start dealing with inflammation in your body -- listen to mama and the dentist -- Floss, Floss, Floss!! This not only helps your teeth and gums, but your arteries.

Here are some articles you might like to read concerning this topic. Please note that because I refer to a site, that does not mean that I endorse everything that site stands for. When it comes to our health, we must be careful about what sources of information we listen to. Some sites want to sell you products or services. Others rely on medical information that has not yet been proven. So, read with a discerning eye. Having said that, I do think the information in these specific articles is useful.

Oprah's Doc and The Skin Doc: Inflammation and Aging

Woman to Woman: Reducing Inflammation Naturally
Reel in Inflammation
MSNBC Your Diet and Inflammation

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

No comments: