Monday, July 12, 2010


30 Days of Prayer in the Home:

Ten quotes to inspire prayer:
(Note: These are not scripture, but are views expressed by people of prayer. As with all things, measure these ideas by the word of God. Acts 17:11)

1) And, if we are not daily in the Word and praying for wisdom in our lies, we are regressing instead of progressing. It is only by practice that we can train our selves to know what is good and what is evil in the sight of the Lord. Lea Fowler.

2) Father, help us women to always want to do your will. May our lives be a lessing to your name, and may Jesus be glorified by our examples as mothers, wives, and workers. Please help us to truly love our homes more and to make the right decisions for them that would please you. Please be proud of us, your daughters. In Christ's Name, Amen. Lea Fowler

3) "We cannot allow ourselves to needlessly fret and worry over things that are beyond our control. It leads to nervousness, anxious and uptight behavior, or we become pushy and domineering...When I am concerned, I think about the situation, I pray about it and surrender it to God. I am able to show support, to give encouragement and, when it is appropriate, to give advice. When I become worked up and upset, I spread a dark cloud over everyone, and those I love feel even more despair." Geri Laing.

4) To be a Christian without praying is no more possible than to be alive without breathing. Martin Luther King, Jr.

5) Warm all the kitchen with thy love, and light it with thy peace, Forgive me all my worrying and make my grumbling cease; Thou who didst so love to give men food in room or by the sea, Accept this service that I do; I do it unto thee. Klara Munkres.

6) The great thing in prayer is to feel that we are putting our supplications into the bosom of omnipotent love. Andrew Murray.

7) When asked how much time he spent in prayer, George Muller's reply was, "Hours every day. But, I live in the spirit of prayer. I pray as I walk and when I lie down and when I arise. And the answers are always coming. Source Unknown.

8) Prayer should not be regarded "as a duty which must be performed, but rather as a privilege to be enjoyed, a rare delight that is always revealing some new beauty." E. M. Bounds.

9) The great people of the earth today are the people who pray! I do not mean those who talk about prayer; nor those who say they believe in prayer; nor those who explain prayer; but I mean those who actually take the time to pray. They have not time. It must be taken from something else. That something else is important, every important and pressing, but, still, less important and pressing than prayer. S. D. Gordon

10) I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. Abraham Lincoln.

Enjoy!

No comments: