Monday, July 06, 2009


Outside my window…slightly overcast

I am thankful for…a relaxed Fourth of July

From the kitchen…Hmm, what shall we have for dinner?

I am creating…hoping to make a little arrangement of roses from my garden to take somewhere with a little card attached

I am going… to take a healthy cooking class on Friday

I am reading… The Elephant's Swimming Pool by Malco Cox...a devotional book about the book of John in the Bible. The unusual title comes from a quote -- usually attributed to Augustine -- which says that John is like a body of water in which an elephant may swim, yet a child might wade.

I am hoping… my dentist appointment tomorrow doesn't turn up too many things that need fixing in my sore mouth.

I am hearing… the sound of Bonanza coming on. Don't laugh!

Around the house… laundry is underway

One of my favorite things… reading my Bible with my cat curled up by my side. Why are napping cats so relaxing?

A few plans for the rest of the week: Alas, the week includes more doctor's appointments than I care to participate in, but I hope that all this will be my 100,000 mile tune up and I will be back to tip-top running order soon.

Thanks to Grandmother Wren's site for providing the daybook links for the summer, while Peggy is on break...Here's her site address:

http://grandmotherwren.com/?p=1234

2 comments:

Sondra said...

Thanks for cluin' me in~I've still been linkin' to Peggy! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Stopped by to say hi. I pray your day is going well and the rest of the week too.