Friday, June 19, 2009

Well, I've taken an unplanned break from blogging, but am back on the keyboard now. I've also let our little garden get away from me. We've had thunderstorms most days of the last week or two, as well as temps up into the mid-90's. We have been enjoying lettuce from the garden, though, and I do need to harvest some beans. And, our tomatoes should be ripe, soon.

After looking lush and showy this spring, all three of my rose bushes -- two established and one new -- are looking less than spry. I've got some major rose surgery and nursing to do.

We are visiting our son and his wife this weekend. They have become quite the good cooks and work well together. Our son barbecued some chicken he had marinated in lime juice, olive oil, and garlic, while our daughter in law prepared the rest of the feast.

I'm reading a book called, "The $64.00 Tomato". It's about a couple's adventures in putting in a large vegetable garden on the slope of the large, old house they had bought and refurbished. I haven't gotten very far into it, but it seems like it' s going to be a fun gardening journal.

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

No comments: