Wednesday, August 27, 2008


Calling all cooks...

My mother used to make an easy, delicious dessert with angel food cake. She pulled the cake into very small pieces. Then, she cooked a sauce on the stove to pour over the cake. If I remember correctly, the ingredients were orange juice, ginger ale and marshmallows. She layered a 9 by 13 inch pan with the angel food cake, the pieces, and coconut and let it sit overnight until it formed a moist, cake like texture. She added maraschino cherries on top.

I have not made it in a long time, and I cannot find the recipe anywhere. Has anyone ever made this? I'm not sure if I'm remembering the ingredients correctly or, if I am, what quantities to use. I'd like to make it for a weekend gathering. If anyone has a similar recipe, I'd love to know.

Enjoy!
]Elizabeth

1 comment:

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM! I'm not familiar with it but I'll definitely taste-test it if you're looking for volunteers. :o) Sounds delicious! Have you tried looking up the ingredients on www.allrecipes.com?