Emma (http://charmingthebirdsfromthetrees.blogspot.com) tagged me for this meme:
How it works:
1. Grab the book closest to you
2. Open it to page 161
3. Find the fifth full sentence
4. Post the text of the sentence to your blog
5. Don't search around for the coolest book you have, use the one that is really next to you.
6. Tag five people to do this meme.
"We would prefer to see complete mansuscripts, and we will return manuscipts if they are acompanied by an envelope with sufficient postage."
Do I win the award for the weirdest sentence? The book that is currently closest to me on my desk is none other than my Writer's Market 2007. Since this indispensible book uses lots of short phrases to describe what editors and book publishers want from prospective authors, I was hard-pressed to find five complete sentences. And, I had no shot at all at finding a sentence that sounds cool or profound or literary or spiritual. But, there you have it: If you have a yen to be published by DollarSmart Books, send them a complete manusscript for their consideration.
So, I tag:
Elizabeth Q http://www.athomewithelizabeth.blogspot.com