Friday, March 02, 2007

Basics on a Shoestring

Yesterday, I popped into Burlington Coat Factory to buy one of the pretty storage boxes they've been carrying. Supplies are dwindling, and I don't know if they will be getting any more in.

While there, I rembered that I was in need of a basic shirt for spring/summer. We go from chilly to hot pretty fast here in Tennesss, and we have more warm months than we do cool. So, getting a warm weather wardrobe together is pretty essential.

Anyhow, I found a short-sleeved black shirt that can be worn open over a tank or worn by itself as a blouse. And, I found a crinkly silk shell in my favorite color pink. To top it off, I found the perfect weight seasonless gray pants. (Most of my wardrobe looks fabulous with gray). I can wear this all together as an outfit, or I can wear them as separates with other items. The black shirt in particular will allow me to wear my favorite skirt year round. (Right now, I wear it with a heavy black sweater). Decorative storage box included, my total bill was about $50.00. I'm getting in shape, so I don't want to invest a lot of money in clothing for the size I am now. But, I could probably alter all of these down a size or two as I lose.

Enjoy!
elizabeth


No comments: