Friday, January 08, 2010


It's diet time again, otherwise known as "heart food -- brain food"

Day I

Well, we know it's January because everywhere we look there are commercials for diet and exercise. People are making resolutions to get in shape this year. Many of us are also craving some lighter fare after eating heavy holiday foods.

I do need to be serious about the food I feed my body and the exercise I give it. But, for this week, I'm going to try a different type of diet. My goal is to give my heart and my brain a healthy diet by watching the things I think about and meditate about. That would also include things that I watch, read, or listen to. For one week, I want to eliminate any tendency to worry or to indulge in critical attitudes and to feed my heart and mind only things that are pure, lovely, noble, of good report, and truthful. That includes making sure that the mental "soup" that simmers in the back of my mind while I attend to tasks that don't require total concentration is healthful and not hurtful.

Do you think I can do it? I'm going to give it a good try. Follow along with me as I chart my progress. Or, better yet, join with me and be my "diet partner".

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

No comments: