Monday, April 13, 2009

Don't forget to visit the Simple Woman's Daybook to read other entries or to write your own.

For Today...

Outside my window...The sun is battling with a drizzle, and the breezes are blowing.

I am thinking... of what I need to do for the rest of the week.

I am thankful for... the resurrection of Christ.

From the kitchen...something simple, as we will be heading to a meeting.

I am reading... the book of John -- very slowly -- and a book about roses.

I am hoping... for my dearest husband and myself to have a nice vacation with our friends next week.

I am creating... a home and a crocheted dish strainer, also some pillowcases

I am praying... for the people in Murphreesboro, a town very close to our city. Our whole area was in a storm system on Friday, but this town was hit hardest by tornadoes. Our daughter and son-in-law and our son and our daughter in all lived there for a time, and we currently have many friends who live there. No one we know was hurt, and many from our church are helping with the clean-up. It was so heart wrenching to hear of a mother and 9-week old daughter killed, and the husband being found in a state of great injury, having been blown by the tornado some distance away. Forty-one other people were treated for injuries, and many lost their homes. Just over a week and a half ago, our city had ten tornadoes touch down, but they did not do much damage and I did not hear of injuries.

Also praying for father-in-law to recover from health problems.

Around the house... I will soon have the delight of caring for a friend's baby for an hour.

One of my favorite things... spring flowers!!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week...getting ready for our trip.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... Here's a photo someone took of one of the tornadoes and sent to local newspaper.

1 comment:

Debbie Phillips said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I like to pop over to a couple blogs from the Simple Woman's Daybook that are near the number of my post. You were #89 and I was #90 so I came to see your post and wanted to leave a comment.

So Hi,
Great post,
Wow what a picture,
have a great vacation next week,
Debbie