Friday, July 03, 2009


Happy Fourth of July Weekend!

Only by walking with God can we hope to find the path that leads to life. That is what it means to be a disciple. After all—aren't we 'followers of Christ'? Then be all means, let's actually follow him. Not ideas about him. Not just his principles. Him." ~ John Eldredge, Waking the Dead

Would you believe that we're actually having a cool spell on the Fourth of July weekend? We're only reaching the upper eighties today and tomorrow. When I took a walk this morning, I was happily surprised by how cool and pleasant it was.

Last weekend, we had family over, and I tried two whole wheat, oatmeal, and raising recipes by Sue Gregg -- or rather I combined two oatmeal recipes into one. One was a nonfat recipe, and the other contained oil. I made the nonfat recipe but added half of the oil in the second recipe to it. I was pleased with how they turned out. Everyone kept nibbling on them, including my husband --who is always somewhat suspcious that whole grain and low fat desserts will turn out tasting like sawdust. I'll post my combined recipe later.

One of my goals for the year is to try 20 new recipes. I will count this one, but, in general, if I alter the recipe in any way, I'm not counting it. I do frequently alter recipes. How about you? Do you follow recipes exactly, or do you use them as a general guide, while working with what you have on hand?

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

No comments: