Monday, June 04, 2007

Lemons and white flowers -- Thrifty Wedding Decoration

I attended a simple, but pretty family wedding this weekend. The ceremony was held in a tiny chapel dating from the year before the Civil War started and the reception was held at another, larger church building.

At both the church and the reception, there were a couple of sprays of white flowers in inexpensive glass vases, along with lemons in inexpensive, large glass containers. I know the idea of the using lemons as decorations isn't a new one. Even so, the lemons and the white flowers looked so pretty and fresh. And, I'm sure they weren't expensive to do, either.

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds very pretty! Fresh, charming, and lovely!

My Mom received an arrangement for Mother's Day from my sister and it was a bunch of white and yellow flowers with actual lemon slices floating around the vase!

Blessings,

Sherry

Mimi said...

That sounds lovely, Sherry!